Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Power of Creation

I often have people ask me why I create.  Why do I do what I do?

Obviously, my first response is my beautiful daughter, my amazing inspiration. I love her more than words can express.  I have had a bazillion hair things for her since she was in my belly.  I spent lots of money finding the perfect hair thing to match her outfits.  One day I decided that maybe...just maybe...I can make this stuff myself.  I took a quick trip to Hobby Lobby, and I have been hooked ever since! BreezyBug Boutique has been such a blessing to me since August, and I am so happy to be growing and getting better at this craft.  I am always striving to learn new things and I love getting new ideas!

My second response would be, making hair pretties is a passion!  It gets me pumped up every time I start on something new.  In a lot of ways it is a release.  It makes me forget about bad days.  I get so excited to hear good reviews.  I love getting orders.  I don't need to make millions, I just LOVE doing this.

I am lucky to have such an amazing husband.  One that will tell me a million times a day that "that is so cute!" even if he has no idea or does not really care so much about hair accessories.  One that helped me with the money to start this passion turned business. I am lucky to have such a BEAUTIFUL inspiration of a daughter. I am just.plain.lucky.

I can't begin to tell anyone enough how much I love this little business called BreezyBug Boutique. Days I get discouraged, I just have to continue to remind myself that this is what I love to do, and to have fun with it! Remind myself that I do it for my own little BreezyBug, as well as my sanity! :)

So...what is your inspiration? Why do you do what you do?
Here is my pretty 17 month old inspiration :)

31 comments:

  1. Children are always a great inspiration....I am not sure what mine is other than to see beautiful fabrics become beautiful items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic and you are truly indeed, Blessed.
    I create jewelry and jewelry findings, starting back when I wanted to be a Stay At Home Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your positive attitude and that it is a family business......I am fortunate to have a similar "deal" with my family! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little girl! My daughter inspires me also. Why do I do what I do? I love it! I think it's become an addiction lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely baby and great items!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter really is a beauty ... she must have a very pretty mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is really cute- and what great photography, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get inspired by just have the various materials! It is so satisfying to make something with my own hands and then to have someone else enjoy it!

    Your dtr is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's wonderful that you get to follow your passion. It really makes all the difference, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's gorgeous. (And so is your work.) Congrats!

    For us, inspiration comes from a lot of different places -- but mostly from travel. Finding something odd in a corner tea shop, smelling something rich and savory while taking a walk in a new neighborhood, spotting a photograph of a garden and thinking, "Hmmmm, I wonder how that would taste?"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really LOVED to read the inspiration behind what you do....I may have to write a blog post about my own inspiration now!!! Thank you for sharing. By the way, your BreezyBug daughter is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is cute as can be! I can see why you are inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daughter is so precious, and I can tell just how powerful your love is for her. Your work is so cute! I can't wait till I have a little girl someday...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post! It's always nice to have such great inspiration and people that are supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, talent, and drive. Great things to have in a business.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your daughter is adorable! I can see why she is such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great inspiration...I find mine in God's creation and in every day things!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice - it's great to be able to do what you truly love.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is important to find inspiration and obviously a child is a wonderful inspiration!
    I can't wait to buy one of these for my niece! Once she gets a little bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, its the children- always the reason for whatever I do :0) great post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well my kids are grown, so MY inspiration is finally having a whole room just for creating and collecting! Beautiful Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely blog! Your pix are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Precious and delightful.

    Lots more followers now.

    Wishing you and yours all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on finding something to do that makes you happy! Your little girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your daughter is so cute! Making things for her must be so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. So great you have such a wonderful family behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. She is so cute.
    The other day I found an old hair accessorie that I had when I was little. It was a bow whish once was blue but now is so faded buy the sun so it's more purple and almost beige in places. It was really fun to find it and I put it in my hair and despite the faded colour it looked quite good. :)
    I guess I make books just because I love to do it. I have always liked to make things with my hands and I love books so why not compine the two?

    ReplyDelete