Thursday, August 4, 2011

BreezyBug BIG one year celebration!

A year ago this month I got this crazy idea. I thought, "Gosh, I really wish I had headbands to match ALL of my daughters outfits!" She was 11 months at the time, (I know, almost 2 now..sad face!) and I was staying at home with just her after deciding to not go back to teaching for now to focus on her. I wanted to make affordable hair accessories that I could not find at the store. I started off wanting to do some lined alligator clips, because that is what she was wearing at the time. I loved doing it so much, I started a facebook page.  For a while, just friends and family were buying things from me (I love you guys), but soon I decided to expand and make headbands. I made silk flowers on the crochet headbands...you know, the normal ones you see every day (which I still like!).

I then added my sister to the mix. We learned together how to do rosettes, satin flowers, and other techniques that are different than what you can find in a store.  She is a FABULOUS sewer and has made all of the pillowcase dresses, pacifier clips, and wraps you all love. I also learned tutus and lots of other cute ways to make hair pretties. I found some amazing photographers that help me take amazing pics of our pretties, and  I can't thank them enough! (Traci-Ryant Photography, Sarah-Beth Photography, LaneyBug Photography, J. Photography, Photochyck Photography, etc...) We are planning to continue to learn and grow this business. I have some big hopes and dreams people! :)

Me and my Aubree (breezybug was named after her!)

My sister and her Charlee :) (She is also having a little boy, Jensen, in September!)

Because of all of YOU we now have nearly 2000 fans! TWO THOUSAND! Last year I did a week long giveaway and had 4 people apply. This year I did a 24 hour giveaway and had nearly 90 people apply! That is insane! This business has become a HUGE part of our lives, and all of you make it possible. We could not have got to where we are now if not for our incredible fans.

So what can we do to repay you all for your kindness?

Well, I will tell you.

We will give ONE person their choice of TWO colors of our most popular satin flowers! (I wear these almost every single day!)



ONE person will get the famous headband everyone loves!



And the GRAND PRIZE WINNER will get a $25 gift certificate to use for Breezybug! WOAH! Yeah, you saw that correctly....TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS! (That is the most we have given by far!) You can spend it on whatever you would like!

How do you enter?

All you have to do is comment on this blog telling me your favorite item from BreezyBug OR something you would like to see in our shop!

IF you comment a second time giving a link (make sure you unblock the post if your profile is private) of a facebook status sharing this giveaway, you will get a second entry.

PLEASE no other posts! If you post more than the two alloted entries, your post will be deleted to keep it fair to the other participants!

You have until MIDNIGHT of Friday, August 12th to complete your entries! Winners will be drawn Saturday!

Good luck and THANK YOU for making this past year unforgettable and amazing! We love our fans!

<3 Courtney and Chelsie-Co-owners of BreezyBug Boutique




19 comments:

  1. i love the crochet headbands with the rossetes, too cute!!!
    jackie walton
    jackie1813@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite is the satin flower clippies (with white lace) - I already own a few!
    jen simpson
    Lritco@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. shared on my fb profile: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1632974590

    jen simpson
    Lritco@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the headband in Traci Ryann's profile picture...your" famous" headband!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.facebook.com/tracey.mandaranopatacca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hair wraps!! Thanks for the opportunity to win!

    Melinda
    Mew Photography
    melwltrs58@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I shared on my Facebook page! Thanks for the opportunity to win!

    Melinda
    Mew Photography
    melwltrs58@yahoo.com https://www.facebook.com/#!/Melinda.Holden.Walters

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shared ... https://www.facebook.com/caseygrinnan/posts/134284283328874 ... you KNOW how much I L-O-V-E BreezyBugs ^_^

    Casey Grinnan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously? You want me to pick a favorite? Oh, geez! I wear the satin flower clips most often, but I have to say my favorite is probably this hot pink, black, and cream rosette headband that you custom made for me just from a few color suggestions =D

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2038769171645&set=o.153205284695388&type=1&theater

    Casey Grinnan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the headband above!
    Bwneyes100 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the lace flower headband- Code: BSD3 and the satin flower headbands!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything and u know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. here is my link :) love u guys
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/ronee.appleby

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's hard to choose one, but I love the "famous headband"!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also posted on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1401901702

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your headbands and the satin flower clips!!! Actually I love everything :)

    Amber D
    amberducz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete